`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Postal issues

RE: Postal issues
(06-21-2011, 02:05 PM)adamslogik Wrote: I know that it may take a bit longer, but I like to actually go into the post office once a week to ship and have them WEIGHT my packages, that way I know I am paying for the right postage. Also, not just weight affects the cost, but measurements too. It can only be a certain length, width and THICKNESS, once you exceed these, the cost increases.

THAT is the one I sometimes go over, THICKNESS.

Worth checking.
I do the same, just saves me the hassle of figuring it out for my self.
[Image: Beckett-Banner-temp.jpg]
Theo Peckham PC: 15/60 25% Complete *0 Incoming (1/1's - 01/45)
Adam Oates (Oilers): 04/21 19% Complete *0 Incoming
NHL 2010-11 UD Series: 454/500 90.8% Complete *0 incoming

(06-21-2011, 03:18 PM)nuccionino Wrote: Unless you do it through the automatic system right, some were as low as $.88 and as high as $2.00. I never had a problem before.
88c is for large envelopes. Bubble mailers need to be mailed as parcels - starting at $1.71.

If you had 88c postage on them, that's why they were returned.

That's not to say the occasional one won't get through the system, but it's not correct under USPS rules.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

(06-21-2011, 10:29 PM)ceocards Wrote: 88c is for large envelopes. Bubble mailers need to be mailed as parcels - starting at $1.71.

If you had 88c postage on them, that's why they were returned.

That's not to say the occasional one won't get through the system, but it's not correct under USPS rules.
I never had a problem with it, I've sent over 50 this way. I even asked if I did it right and I was told I did. Guess I will just continue to waste my money now. $1.71 is such a joke.

Hockey PC's: Tomas Tatar, Alexander Burmistrov, Boris Valabik, Zach Bogosian
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun
[Image: NUC-1.png]

First, It seems to me that the PO has been cracking down on stuff mailed that did not go over the counter through an agent that does not have enough postage on it. So if the way you sent was getting through before it may not now.
Second, with the way they classify things know, all bubble mailers are small parcels-- not envelopes. Best way to handle it is to go through the counter and have an agent handle it b/c even if the do it wrong and put the wrong postage label-- not just stamps-- on it, it will still go through.

If a bubble mailer has a card in a card holder in it it is considered ridged and has to be classified as a parcel as it will not bend around the corners on the converor belts. Do you really want the cards to get bent?

(06-22-2011, 12:02 AM)hckydv7 Wrote: First, It seems to me that the PO has been cracking down on stuff mailed that did not go over the counter through an agent that does not have enough postage on it. So if the way you sent was getting through before it may not now.
Second, with the way they classify things know, all bubble mailers are small parcels-- not envelopes. Best way to handle it is to go through the counter and have an agent handle it b/c even if the do it wrong and put the wrong postage label-- not just stamps-- on it, it will still go through.

If a bubble mailer has a card in a card holder in it it is considered ridged and has to be classified as a parcel as it will not bend around the corners on the converor belts. Do you really want the cards to get bent?
I always here about people able to send non machinable though, like if it fits through the slot they have at the counter, it is a lot cheaper. But mine are too wide.

And no I don't want cards to get bent, but someone did run a test on sending 50 cards in a PWE just to see how many get damaged. Some were protected, some weren't. None were damaged. I have sent over 30 items (agreed upon), in a PWE. Never damaged. I will just have to stay away from low-end trading, sadly.
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun

I get small parcels that arrive with postage due fairly often when shippers try to send parcels as large envelopes. I understand that you might not agree with the price, but making sure you get the postage correct is better than the recipient having to waste their time going to the post office to pick up the parcel and pay the difference. If I didn't want my items so badly, I'd just have them returned to the sender as well. Postage increases are becoming faaar toooo frequent :-(

(06-22-2011, 08:35 PM)slufan83 Wrote: I get small parcels that arrive with postage due fairly often when shippers try to send parcels as large envelopes. I understand that you might not agree with the price, but making sure you get the postage correct is better than the recipient having to waste their time going to the post office to pick up the parcel and pay the difference. If I didn't want my items so badly, I'd just have them returned to the sender as well. Postage increases are becoming faaar toooo frequent :-(
I'd rather have to resend and pay, then have the person receiving have to pay, that isn't right. I don't agree with the price, but to go to the post office, never have a problem. And then to have a problem at a different post office frustrates me.
Always gone Thur-Sun

(06-21-2011, 03:05 PM)ceocards Wrote: How much postage did you have on them? Bubble mailers - if packaged correctly - cost a minimum of $1.71 to send now - not including DC.
nuccionino's not in the US CEO. If I'm not mistaken lol
But under 3 oz in the US through pp with DC is $1.75.

(06-22-2011, 08:47 PM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: nuccionino's not in the US CEO. If I'm not mistaken lol
But under 3 oz in the US through pp with DC is $1.75.
How much is it to ship through paypal? Same?
Always gone Thur-Sun

(06-22-2011, 08:55 PM)nuccionino Wrote: How much is it to ship through paypal? Same?
PP = Paypal.

But you can't do out of the US if you are in the US. Not sure about the other way.

The Multi. Order shipping doesn't have an option for anything other than US states.

But yes. Within the US through pp with DC is $1.75 for under 3oz. For 1st class mail.