`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TWCC 1994 Larry Bird

TWCC 1994 Larry Bird
The TWCC Ted Williams Card Co. did what I consider a fine job during 1993 and 1994. The baseball set, with subsets remain my favorite in both years.
Now then . . . TWCC in 1994 issued a Larry Bird card . . . LP1(a) with brown border, a rather easy card to locate. However, an LP1(b) with RED border is also reported to have been issued. Does this card exist?
I would like to add this item to my personal collection. Any thoughts on this will be most welcome.

RE: TWCC 1994 Larry Bird
Bump for any help.
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

I love the TWCC sets and continue to buy boxes. I'll do some research on the Larry Bird card.
Ted Williams/Vintage Red Sox collector

(02-18-2012, 09:07 PM)oljey Wrote: I love the TWCC sets and continue to buy boxes. I'll do some research on the Larry Bird card.
it's not a red border, per se, but rather a red corner. ive seen them on ebay from time to time. there was a major seller on ebay a couple years ago who sold a lot of these sets, and sold a ,llot of the reds (though i believe he got sick and/or died. last name was gibson, lived down in georgia)

[Image: tedq.jpg]

side by side of the ted
apologize: the ted had a red corner. further research leads to find a red border bird. just search ebay for "LARRY BIRD LP1 red" - there are active listings for it

Thanks for the info and the photos..
(02-18-2012, 09:33 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: it's not a red border, per se, but rather a red corner. ive seen them on ebay from time to time. there was a major seller on ebay a couple years ago who sold a lot of these sets, and sold a ,llot of the reds (though i believe he got sick and/or died. last name was gibson, lived down in georgia)

[Image: tedq.jpg]

side by side of the ted
apologize: the ted had a red corner. further research leads to find a red border bird. just search ebay for "LARRY BIRD LP1 red" - there are active listings for it
Ted Williams/Vintage Red Sox collector

thank you jacobystealshome
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

The Larry Bird Card with the Red Border does exist. I have one or two of them. I will take a picture and upload it if you are still interested, though I doubt you will see this considering it is years after the original post.

There is also an autograph version that I have!
[Image: Strawberry-Signature.jpg][Image: QRwV1.png]