Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
What To Do With Base Cards?
12-04-2010, 11:01 PM
Does anyone have any idea what to do with base cards? Theres only a handful of collectors who seek them anymore. I have thousands but feel that throwing them out is just a waste after all the time and effort I put into organizing them.

Collecting Anaheim Ducks looking for
2007-08 SP Authentic Sign of the Times Triples #ST3GPR Ryan Getzlaf#{Corey Perry#{Bobby Ryan found in 2007-08 SP Authentic Sign of the Times Triples
Will trade for or purchase it
My bucket http://s1237.photobucket.com/home/duckangelfan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2010, 09:12 AM
I enter every card I have into organize. I have made a bunch of trades for cards I thought no body would want.

[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket
12-05-2010, 05:35 PM
see your in box
05-05-2012, 06:00 AM
RE: What To Do With Base Cards?
[quote='duckangelfan' pid='1360709' dateline='1291525260']
Does anyone have any idea what to do with base cards? Theres only a handful of collectors who seek them anymore. I have thousands but feel that throwing them out is just a waste after all the time and effort I put into organizing them.
[/quot

You can help me in a project that i try and do every year. I make packages with 10 cards in each and at Christmas i'll hand them out to Shrinner Kids and now this year i had more donations, now i can try making my fellow Veterans smile. When i was the Judge Adjuatant i put a motion to hand out socks at Christmas. It was great. So being i only collected certain players of my team. I asked a few of the card stores seeking help. I had a couple of ebay sellers donate already. I have about 300 packages so far. If you would like to donate and make a Child or Vet smile contact me or just take them to a hospital thats close to you. Go Cowboys
05-09-2012, 01:38 PM
(05-05-2012 06:00 AM)dcwalt Wrote:  [quote='duckangelfan' pid='1360709' dateline='1291525260']
[/quot

You can help me in a project that i try and do every year. I make packages with 10 cards in each and at Christmas i'll hand them out to Shrinner Kids and now this year i had more donations, now i can try making my fellow Veterans smile. When i was the Judge Adjuatant i put a motion to hand out socks at Christmas. It was great. So being i only collected certain players of my team. I asked a few of the card stores seeking help. I had a couple of ebay sellers donate already. I have about 300 packages so far. If you would like to donate and make a Child or Vet smile contact me or just take them to a hospital thats close to you. Go Cowboys

Mine go into my Organize first, and then they move to Harbor House a couple times a year.

Remember that what you do not want, however, someone may cherish.

JonathanI

I collect all things Duncan Keith plus other Chicago athletes in their respective Halls of Fame - in addition to several authors and personal favorites from past and present Chicago rosters. The other 37,000 cards in my collection I will happily trade to you.
05-11-2012, 12:50 PM
i collect all and any base, granted it depends on what someone is looking in return for them and what they are sending, but i will trade for any base, the more the better of any sport/non sport/ etc.
05-26-2012, 05:48 PM
I'm a big base card collector.... looking for someone to take them off your hands?

[Image: madhatter_BBF.jpg]
06-19-2012, 06:32 PM
If you have any Henderson base cards I would be very willing to trade you for them.

Collecting Rickey Henderson, Yeonis Cespedes rookie cards, Rookie cards, Roberto Clemente, Vintage and various other cards and sets..[Image: 142681340_crop_650x440-1.jpg]
06-22-2012, 03:43 PM
donate them.... make a kids day for sure...

THE JORDAN SHIPLEY VAULT:
http://s1144.photobucket.com/albums/o492/slotman11/
07-30-2012, 08:41 PM
I just went through two boxes and pulled out probably $200 in rookies that were nobodies a couple years ago.
Keep them.
Or sell them as a lot.

Collecting HOF Vint-Rooks-GU-autos + Musial and other Cardinals

Bucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd387/SchlueterLaw/

[Image: MusialCollageSmall.jpg]