`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on Topps Definitive

Thoughts on Topps Definitive
I haven't seen any discussion on Topps Definitive yet.
The price kept me from opening wax but have bought a few singles.
I think the checklist is great. The quality seems really good as well. I appreciate the on card autos and the multicolor patches.
My computer is working as well as the Brown's front office so I will have to show my singles later on.

What are your thoughts on this product?
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

RE: Thoughts on Topps Definitive
A little pricey for me, but I'll snag some singles on the secondary market when they fall a little lower.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

If they left the rookies out, I'd be more inclined to say it's worth the price. When you toss unproven rookies into a high priced product, to me, I won't buy it, because I can't afford it lol. They do look nice from what I've seen though! I'm not sure any of my lower end PC guys are in them. If they are, I'm sure I'll grab a single here or there if the price is right.

(03-15-2016, 11:36 AM)savagenate Wrote: When you toss unproven rookies into a high priced product, to me, I won't buy it, because I can't afford it lol.
I see this more with football than anyplace else. I assume it's a timing thing with drafts, set releases, etc., but I've never really looked into it. What really confuses me is when Beckett lists one of these cards at like $3. How? This kid has literally done nothing in the NFL at that point. There must be lots of unproven rookie collectors out there. It's great when I want to trade them all away, though. I can get over $1 for them, generally.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(04-01-2016, 10:17 AM)jonathani Wrote: I see this more with football than anyplace else. I assume it's a timing thing with drafts, set releases, etc., but I've never really looked into it. What really confuses me is when Beckett lists one of these cards at like $3. How? This kid has literally done nothing in the NFL at that point. There must be lots of unproven rookie collectors out there. It's great when I want to trade them all away, though. I can get over $1 for them, generally.
Some of it make sense, like I'm sure people would've loved to have more chances at Brady RC autos. Back then, I don't think there were many autos for players after the first couple rounds. So now, they make autos of everyone "just in case". I think the market needs to reflect that though, both boxes and singles. Prices should come down, and those no names shouldn't be selling for $80+ even if the box is NT or Definitive, or something like that.