`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
nittany13 Wrote:Let's step one year ahead to the "1998 Playoff Contenders Pennants". The online registry acknowledges the base, Red, Gold #d to 98, and Registered Exchange (#d to 51 I think). In the photo below the Red is on the bottom left while the Gold is on the bottom right. The other 6 shown are 6 different versions of the base card, but the registry only acknowledges 1.<br />
<br />
The Registered Exchange, which is impossible to decipher if one of those is actually featured in the photo, is a little more complicated to explain. Simply collectors were allowed to send in their completed pennant sets into Playoff at the time and the company would then in turn would stamp them each with a Registered Exchange number, hence 51 Registered Exchange parallel sets. The problem lies with the fact that nobody knows how many of each of these eight versions of cards were stamped since collectors were allowed to send in a mix and match concerning the colors. <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Yes Beckett excluded the color variants on this Felt set as well. As for the Registered Exchange cards...the example I provide clearly shows that they were numbered one right after the other resulting in "6.375 average" of each color redeemed. o.o<br />
<br />
[Image: 98contebders.jpg]
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

Messages In This Thread
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - by jaderock - 10-14-2009, 01:26 AM