`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
(06-23-2015, 05:16 AM)no1dolphan Wrote: I will add a whole series that I don't think we've addressed... at least not fully. It seems that Edge made a "CS" version of EVERY insert card in 1996. Some are known, but most aren't listed. I just found a Running Mates Marino / Kirby #CS/500, same goes for timewarp and air force one Jumbos.
I get the feeling these were some sort of collector's club? I know someone knows the answer as to their origins... cue Marinocollector in 3,2...1...

Not 100% certain but I believe they were sold as complete master sets on one of the home shopping networks. Beckett wrongly identifies some of them as "CS/300" when they are /500. I think these were just from the President's Reserve as opposed to all Edge products, but I could be wrong about that. Just haven't seen any of the other brands, if they exist. I have a Favre in the Air Force One regular and jumbo, and the TimeWarp. I've seen but don't have the Running Mates /500. I've also seen a running mates gold CS/15 but am quite a bit skeptical about that one because the serial number is hand-written (the others are machine-numbered) and there are unnumbered versions of these inserts out there. Also, I've never seen and don't know if they did the CS/500 versions of the Honor Guard set or the Tanned, Tested, Ready set.

Incidently, I also have a regular sized Air Force One Favre that is machine numbered /2000 when they are supposed to be /2500 (have that one too), but I think this is just a printing error.
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - by uwash97 - 06-23-2015, 03:51 PM