`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 71 Vote(s) - 3.59 Average
Mark Brunell Collection - Last Week - FOUR #1/1s, 2 RARE In Person Autos, Promo Pack

Mark Brunell Collection - Last Week - FOUR #1/1s, 2 RARE In Person Autos, Promo Pack
thelogik Wrote:All i have to ask is why did you start collecting Brunell?

Eventually I'll have a FAQ section on my website. Here's the LONG version:

I restarted collecting in late 1998 with the discovery of ebay! Initially, like most collectors, I did this as an investment. I started off collecting about 20 players: Favre, Marino, Elway, Rice, Young, Emmitt, Bledsoe, Terrell Davis, Sanders, George, Brunell etc...

Unfortunately, this method was TOO EXPENSIVE to keep up, so I had to downsize my FOCUS in late 1999. I looked over the players at the time and decided to go after one guy. Living in San Francisco, I wanted to do Steve Young, but his stuff was too expensive in my area. My other two choices were Terrell Davis and Mark Brunell. I went with Brunell because he was a southpaw (like Steve Young and MYSELF) and he was having great success in Jacksonville as a leader and as a role model. I felt he was on the brink of becoming the next big thing!!! So the decision was made and I have about 1,000 different cards of his at the end of 1999. I keep track of every new addition up thru 1,600 or so when I lost count. Anyway, during this time (1999-2001), I also re focused my mission from "investment" to "obession." The "obsession" was I wanted any and ALL of his cards but especially the rarer cards. During this period, I built up an amazing collection. Sometime during 2002, I gave up the "obsession" for my "passion." That passion was about enjoying the hobby regardless of "potential" or future outlook of his performance. I just enjoyed collecting his stuff.

ANYWAY, whatever you decide to do...alway collect for the enjoyment of YOURSELF and not anything else.
___
cowboysrgr8 - go for it!!!
___
myseahawks -thanks Smile
___
the1mcjensen - I like the set myself, but I know the "not game used" part put off alot of people.

Messages In This Thread
Mark Brunell Collection - Last Week - FOUR #1/1s, 2 RARE In Person Autos, Promo Pack - by jaderock - 07-23-2007, 01:58 PM
Mark Brunell Collection - Last Week - FOUR #1/1s, 2 RARE In Person Autos, Promo Pack - by #1 Peyton Manning Collector - 07-24-2007, 09:46 PM
Mark Brunell Collection - Last Week - FOUR #1/1s, 2 RARE In Person Autos, Promo Pack - by Dhenderson19(Auto Mem Collector) - 02-24-2008, 03:46 AM
Mark Brunell Collection - Last Week - FOUR #1/1s, 2 RARE In Person Autos, Promo Pack - by Lennox.p ( No.1 Keyshawn Johnson Fan ) - 02-24-2008, 04:07 PM