`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I the a-hole here? Ebay related.

RE: Am I the a-hole here? Ebay related.
(08-13-2015, 07:02 PM)GoStros Wrote: This particular seller has a spotless 100% satisfaction rating, with over 19000 transactions. This seller deals in only high quality, high dollar cards. I think they are already VERY successful.

Just to be clear, 990 of those transactions were purchases and he's been on since 2004. He's looking at about 90 sales a year +/- and I'm not entirely sure you can call Trout update and chrome base refractors high dollar cards. He or she most definitely have a good deal of sales with impeccable feedback but please don't try and make them sound like a Probstein or Mike Denero or black jaded wolf . I've bought from this individual before in the extremely recent past. I've never messaged them because it was an auction style format on graded cards and everything was cut and dry. They know I pay. I now know my wording could have been misinterpreted because individuals here told me so. But being that I sent them a decent chunk of change within the last 2 weeks you would think I wouldn't get such a dismissive answer.
(08-13-2015, 06:55 PM)Dub24rollin Wrote: Very true. As a service providing company it's not always best to be the lowest option. I understand what you're saying.

I could see how your question could have offended him but as a seller he needs to jump on your interest. As a seller you cannot get offended if you want to be successful. You're looking for interest, because interest means opportunity to make $$$. I would have given you a number, not my lowest number, but a number because you are interested. Not a smart move to get offended and lose a potential buyer. He didn't even try to make any money and that kills me! O'well, ignorant sellers just means more opportunities for me!

And, as far as your buying methods....keep doing what you feel like you should do. Sellers that get offended don't want to make money and will never be successful. That goes for eBay and life in general. You did nothing wrong! You're a BUYER. The ball is in your court at all times. That's how buying works.
This is exactly what I mean. Even if I had said, "what is your rock bottom price"?, he is under no obligation to tell me the actual number. Why wouldn't you get the ball rolling and throw out a number? I know I may not be necessarily in the right here but I just dont understand why you'd shy away from making money and being rude along the way.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Am I the a-hole here? Ebay related. - by Hofcollector - 08-13-2015, 09:04 PM