`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trading Styles - Which are you?

RE: Trading Styles - Which are you?
I am a scan trader. If I get an offer for a trade I will look at the scan and decide if it is a fair trade based on that. I don't care what some book says the value is. What really matters to me is how much value it is to me for my collection. Case in Point.... I needed a 1953-54 #91 Parkhurst no bio for my collection. I was offered this card based on a book value of $35. It was really in the vg-ex range and had a BV of about $20. I completed the deal for this item based on my desire to have it and traded a card with the same book value but with very few condition issues than the card I received.The card I traded was at least ex-nm but more than likely of a higher value if graded. So book value was the same but in fact I trade away a much more desirable card from an investment point of view. It isn't always about the money sometimes it is all about getting what you want. I never deal in graded cards because I don't need the expense or opinion of some employee that has no more interest in getting the grade right than getting a paycheck. Been doing this for decades and so far so good. Always looking for pre 60's cards and always looking for Beehive or Crown brand vintage Items

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Trading Styles - Which are you? - by snobles - 02-15-2014, 09:23 AM
RE: Trading Styles - Which are you? - by mswatson - 02-15-2014, 02:58 PM
RE: Trading Styles - Which are you? - by billwinkle1 - 02-16-2014, 03:58 PM
RE: Trading Styles - Which are you? - by rayeates - 02-16-2014, 09:45 PM
RE: Trading Styles - Which are you? - by rczubaty - 02-17-2014, 02:12 PM