`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Had a question on some STAR cards I picked up the other day. Also, Completed 72-73!!

RE: Had a question on some STAR cards I picked up the other day. Also, Completed 72-73!!
Great cards. Welcome back to the hobby. I like seeing another board member out here who likes vintage cards. I wish I knew more about Star cards. I don't have any of them. I think they're pretty underrated. I have thought about picking some up, but I don't know enough about them to know what a good price is on them.

There is a narrative out there that says there are a lot of counterfeit or reprinted Star cards. I think the PSA message board has one or two threads on it that have a lot of information on Star cards. From what I understand the reprinted cards were made by Star themselves in the 90's but are a different color than the originals from the 80's so they are easy to differentiate. The counterfeit ones I don't know about. I would probably just buy them graded if I didn't know the source (like you did). Not sure how to tell if the card is trimmed. I think if you compare the edges of the card, see if the stock is a slightly different color or texture as the device used to cut the card by the manufacturer would likely be different than what a trimmer would use.

Good luck with your collection.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Had a question on some STAR cards I picked up the other day. Also, Completed 72-73!! - by slum22 - 05-03-2013, 02:09 AM