`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats the big deal with redeemed redemption cards?

RE: Whats the big deal with redeemed redemption cards?
(11-29-2012, 01:21 PM)dut1818 Wrote: Redemption cards can not be acquired by buying boxes-packs. You have to mail a special card that you pull from a pack and only a small number of people do that before the redemption date ends. Basically it makes the cards several times rarer then the "mail in version".

Your misreading the question. The OP is referring to the fact that people are paying money for a scratched redemption that has already been redeemed online.

I have a few theories on this.

1. I have heard that people enter the codes then someone else will buy it and contact Topps claiming there code did not work. In the past I guess Topps has fulfilled the redemption. So in a sense the buyer gets a huge hit for very low cost.

2. Another theory of mine is that true collectors feel there is long term value. An unmarked redemption from the 90s in some cases carries decent value because they became worthless and guys tossed them. Now player collectors need them. The same can be applied here. A guy 30 years from now will have hell trying to track a redemption card of his favorite player because they all hit the trash after they are redeemed. I personally keep everyone of mine with the actual card it was for. If there is any long term value I would expect it to be in an unscratched version. I don't see this being the case though.

3. The last theory is just simple. People do not read the full title or description. However, I truly do not feel this is the case.

[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whats the big deal with redeemed redemption cards? - by dbroockerd - 11-29-2012, 01:28 PM