`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RC in both Topps and Topps Update?

RE: RC in both Topps and Topps Update?
(10-05-2012, 09:20 PM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: Can anyone tell me why some players have rookie cards in both 2012 Topps and 2012 Topps Update? WOuldn't that be like having a rookie in Topps Series 1 and then a rookie in Topps Series 2? Are they both "Real" rookies?

Yeah, one is a MLB debut card, no stats, just a description of their first game.

Topps has been doing this since 2010 (Strasburg's rookie year), but this year they made it more confusing by putting the RC logo on both.

That's why some players, like Trevor Bauer and Will Middlebrooks, have two cards in the update set, because they weren't in either of the earlier series.

Bryce Harper has just a MLB debut card in the Update set (not counting the All-Star card), because technically his Series 2 SSP is his rookie card (arg!!!) ... although they handled this differently for Strasburg in 2010, by putting both a base RC and a debut card in the Update set, eben though he already had the Million Card Giveaway rookie card or whatever.

Double arg!!!

To make things really confusing, Jesus Montero has THREE cards in Topps this year ... his Series 1 RC with the Yankees, his MLB debut card in the Update set with the RC logo, and a base Mariners card with no RC logo (!) in the update set as well.

I did a thread on the Harper card, I'm very annoyed at how they've handled this ...

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1515242.html

Anyway, glad someone else noticed LOL ... RJ

Messages In This Thread
RE: RC in both Topps and Topps Update? - by rjcj2017 - 10-05-2012, 10:09 PM