`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps Mini & Bowman Platinum boxes better than redemptions

Topps Mini & Bowman Platinum boxes better than redemptions
I took a box of Bowman Platinum to The National in Baltimore to try to get the special 25 card redemption set. Since I was general admission, I didn't have a chance. I bought a box of Topps Mini to get the 5 card mini set with the national stamp (those have already sold), but my hits in each box were better (sentimentally and in value) than the redemption cards.

[Image: minigolds.th.jpg]
The gold minis are #'d to 61. I didn't notice at first and assumed they were # to 2012 making them better than I thought. Zach Britton even matches his jersey. I got 53/61. Also some Golden Moments inserts. Looking for Nolan Ryan if any exist.

[Image: miniharper.th.jpg]
I got Darvish and Harper mini. Harper and Trout base in platinum and 2 die cuts of players I have medium interest in.

[Image: miniplate.th.jpg]
This is what made the mini box special to me. My first printing plate and my first 1/1. Kelvin Herrera yellow. Castro is just there for size comparison.

[Image: nationalbests.th.jpg]
My platinum hits. Lawrie red relic auto 14/25. 2 meh autos. The regular mini hit a Freeman auto. Grossman blue and Dozier green. Adam Jones I had for a while but just noticed the sparkle last week. I took it to Baltimore but no one wanted to buy. My g/f even got another hit in her olympic blaster. Alex Morgan relic.
[Image: badtime.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Topps Mini & Bowman Platinum boxes better than redemptions - by acevanquish - 08-06-2012, 10:23 PM