`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
R they bringing back Topps Chrome?

RE: R they bringing back Topps Chrome?
When people go about things in a childish manner and neglect to put in quantifiers, yes. but let's move on...

It's not entirely fair to blame one company or person on the current situation with the Rookies and the one company producing basketball cards. Consider this - how do you think Ice hockey fan's felt for two years when there was a lockout and no cards were printed whatsoever? between 2005 and this year, Upper deck had a strangle hold on NHL (apart from the odd ITG set). And why? Because fleer and Topps didn't wish to renew their license - they opted to not renew their license. Yes, i know fleer died in 2005, but you get the idea (hopefully). We also have to consider other sports. Tennis has had ACE Authentic as the sole producer of .... product since 2005. from 2000-2004 WNBA had fleer only, since 2005 it has been rittenhouse. Admittedly, Tennis is not that big, but in the early years of WNBA there was pinnacle, then skybox and fleer with multiple products. And now Upper Deck has forced Press Pass, Sage and any other potential smaller companies out of the one market where they had a chance (if albietly slim) - NCAA sports. Yet no one is complaining about the monopoly there. My point is, there's no sense in complaining about a percieved monopoly in area if other areas are not considered.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

Messages In This Thread
RE: R they bringing back Topps Chrome? - by taffster74 - 05-31-2012, 10:12 PM