`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
BVG Graded cards valued less than ungraded of same condition??

RE: BVG Graded cards valued less than ungraded of same condition??
It seems to me as though Beckett is stepping into graded card pricing without very much past collected information on prices. Ive checked their listings with what EBAY sells the cards for and they are pretty far off on a LOT of cards! I think the prices that are in this first issue will look ridiculous when comparing it with a future issue say three years down the road. These first issue prices are just a throw up which needs to be filled in with a lot of working hours scouring auctions and sales all along the web. I just hope they get more detail in the 80's and 90's years...I was about as disappointed as Ive ever been in my life I think when I saw that they stopped the card by card listings at 1980! I think they need to separate the sports up like the regular becketts do. I would really like to see pricing for commons, stars, semi stars and the like as well. I think all this is the reason they are saying what theyre saying. Theyre covering their asses, yknow? Because, if a raw card is sold as "Mint" and the "promise" that it will grade high, people will pay more than what it might really grade out to most of the time. I think the prices Beckett are referring to are the ones in the guide they just released and im sure they are well aware these prices are going to change drastically from what they are now up until they stabilize at what they are really worth (what people are willing to pay for them)
Wanted: any 1989 Upper Deck cards graded 9.5 across the board or better.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BVG Graded cards valued less than ungraded of same condition?? - by cardariffic - 05-16-2012, 04:36 AM