`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grading Question? What Do You Think?

Grading Question? What Do You Think?
So as I was browsing through some cards, I came across an MJ that was graded a BGS 9.5. The card ungraded only books for $5 and this card was already up to $20. This caught my eye so I read the description. The seller said that under the BGS population report there was only 1 9.5 of this particular card. Since this was the case, the seller said that the card was a 1/1. Do you agree with this? That this card is truly a 1/1 as it is the only card like this graded a 9.5?

Some people say that if a card has a serial number that matches the player it is a 1/1. For example if the card is numbered 23/50 and it is a MJ card it is "1/1." Their thoughts are that since this is the only card that is numbered 23/50, then it is a 1/1. My thoughts about this are that all serial numbered cards are "1/1" based on this reasoning. The card numbered 24/50 would also be a "1/1" because it is the only card numbered 24/50. I think having the card 23/50 and it being a MJ would be a cool item to have, but not a 1/1, IMO.

So what do you think? Are the only cards that are truly "1/1" the cards stamped "1/1" or does having a population report of 1 make a card a 1/1?
What if there were only 1 of a particular card graded and the card was graded an 8, would that make it a 1/1? What are your thoughts on this? Just curious.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Grading Question? What Do You Think? - by nickm1123 - 01-22-2012, 03:48 AM