`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 1.36 Average
Did steroids in baseball start with the Big Red Machine?

RE: Did steroids in baseball start with the Big Red Machine?
First of all, your assumptions are based on two guys who took steroids in their mid 30's - Bonds and McGwire.

You are not factoring in guys who started taking steroids early on. You think guys don't take steroids in the minors?

Secondly, Morgan's best year was at the age of 32 and 33 in 1976. He hit .320, a career high 27 home runs, dwarfed his career high with 111 RBIs and stole 60 bases.

Morgan never hit 20 home runs until he turned 30. He never batted .300 until he was 32, he never hit 30 doubles until he was 30 and he didn't steal 60 bases until he was in his 30's.

If you can show me another guy in baseball who had arms like Bench in that photo and who was not either on steroids, HGH or simultaneously jumping off the top of a ring, then I will reconsider my position.

There were 100 years of catchers before Johnny Bench and not one of them ever approached what he did. There was a reason. That position beats you up like no other unless you are the Incredible Hulk.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did steroids in baseball start with the Big Red Machine? - by natejeffries - 01-01-2012, 02:44 PM