`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 Bowman Chrome 5 Case Break and Contest Thread [CONTESTS CLOSED]

RE: 2011 Bowman Chrome 5 Case Break and Contest Thread [FIRST CONTEST CLOSED]
(10-20-2011, 01:33 AM)johnxgodfree Wrote: I don't wish to speak for him, but I know in all the past breaks/contests I've been a part of he doesn't usually trade and everything gets posted up for sale on ebay

jxg is correct. I'm not really a trader because of my very narrow focus of "wants." It's almost always more efficient for me to cash in whatever cards I don't keep. I usually decide after the break what sets I want to build, based on the aesthetics, how close I am, etc., and then I list the rest of eBay. However, I just sent a few thousand cards to checkoutmycards.com and intend to start selling there more often. I don't know if I'll try that with 11 Chrome, but I might. The highest-end cards usually end up in my PC.

Sorry -- I usually mention this in my thread-opening post, so people don't waste too much time hounding me for a specific player.
(10-20-2011, 01:01 PM)natejeffries Wrote: Visually, I like the die cut the best. That Ichiro is really cool. Now you have to wait and see what that 17-year-old pitcher is going to be.

I give the case a B. If the superfractor was a good player, it would have been a great case.

Thanks for the input, nj. I agree with you about the die cut; really clever of them to break out of the rectangles with this set. In fact, why not multiple different shapes instead of just background enhancements? I know -- cost considerations. But it shouldn't be too expensive for them to serial number some of the parallels.

Incidentally, I haven't seen any parallels yet of the Bowman's Best Prospects. Seems like some numbered parallels of these would also be nice.
(10-20-2011, 12:19 AM)tdog4468 Wrote: Your only 9 boxes in an already your case blows mine away! I predict this will the the highlight case of your break.

Thanks for the input, but too bad your case didn't do better. No Harper?
I certainly don't expect another super, but I am kind of counting on at least one Harper auto.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2011 Bowman Chrome 5 Case Break and Contest Thread [FIRST CONTEST CLOSED] - by pyweed - 10-20-2011, 01:02 PM