`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 Bowman Platinum 5 case break and contest thread (Contests closed)

RE: 2011 Bowman Platinum 5 case break and contest thread (10PM Eastern cutoff)
Closed.

No entries accepted beyond this point -- good luck!
Case #1, Box #1

Green prospect refractor /599: Carlos Perez
Blue prospect refractor /199: Jordan Swagerty
USA auto redemption
Auto redemption: Matt Harvey
Green auto /399: Rashun Dixon
Green auto relic /199: Evan Meek
Dual auto relic /89: Starlin Castro/Marlon Byrd

Grade: C
Comments: I rarely bust on the official day of release, and so I usually have much more information about the market for these cards when I’m grading the boxes. I have to think that I got solid value from this very first box. Basically six autos, including the two redemptions and the dual. They aren’t the autos I would have chosen, but the Castro is nice, and I’m pretty sure I got back what I invested in this box.

Incidentally, Rashun Dixon is the contest auto to beat right now. If I don’t get any other auto parallels he will be the contest card.

I won’t be listing the Harper prospects unless they’re numbered (I expect 5-6 base Harpers during the break and a couple of unnumbered xfractors). Nor will I be listing the gold, green, and ruby parallel rookies and veterans, as these are, sadly, unnumbered. Bad decision, IMO.

Aesthetically, I think the cards look nice, if awfully similar to last year’s design. The xfractors and ruby refractors are especially striking. Again, too bad they’re not numbered, even if to /1000 or whatever. I like getting a blank in each pack; they are great for shipping singles.

Your thoughts welcome, even disparaging ones.
Case #1, Box #2

Green prospect refractor /599: Yasmani Grandal
Blue prospect refractor /199: Drew Vettleson
Auto redemption: Matt Harvey
Auto: Tyler Skaggs
Auto relic /1166: Jesse Crain

Grade: D-
Comments: I really don’t want to see 12 Harvey redemptions in this case. I think this box is very weak, but no complaints yet. Still swimming in case-cracking endorphins, and I see lots of upside with this set. I’m trying to be really careful with the prospect base; the refractive surface is a finger-print magnet.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2011 Bowman Platinum 5 case break and contest thread (10PM Eastern cutoff) - by pyweed - 07-27-2011, 09:04 PM