Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Newest Trend in Hobby Dooshery: Not Completing eBay Sales

The Newest Trend in Hobby Dooshery: Not Completing eBay Sales
Friends in football,

So I found a cool Mosaic triple card of Stafford, Calvin and Barry for my Lions PC on the bay ... won it for cheap and paid right away.

There are not many cards of all three together that I'm aware of, so I was very excited for this PC add.

Then I get a note from the seller that he "already sold it to someone else and re-listed it by accident."

Ooooookaaaay.

Seeing as how this was the second time it had happened to me in a week (two different sellers) after, well, zero times happening in, I don't know, 23 years on eBay, I simply replied, "Wow, lame. Refund."

And then he proceeded to mock me for "overpaying" for a card that I will never receive due to his incompetence.

So I told him I would let feedback take care of it and also reported him to the Bay.

So I guess that's the new model - hoard cards ... re-sell to try to recoup your losses ... when you don't re-coup your losses you just say you don't have the card ... and then when someone calls you on it, mock them.

Got it. Good times.

This was also after giving a "new seller" a chance last month on a different sale and never receiving my card nor any communication whatsoever after three weeks.

Memo to eBay seller dooshes ... slow down ... take your time ... be self-aware.

You are not going to re-coup your losses, especially during the Great Doosh Bubble.

Be prepared to get underwhelming prices for your stuff because you and every doosh are trying to sell the same new crap, which has always been and will always be relatively worthless.

Messages In This Thread
The Newest Trend in Hobby Dooshery: Not Completing eBay Sales - by rjcj2017 - 09-28-2021, 12:35 PM