`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making a Comic Book Come to Life

RE: Making a Comic Book Come to Life
(03-21-2016, 10:38 PM)djohn Wrote: Awesome job on the Comic Book Men card. I love that show and am hoping Netflix gets another season up soon. I have had the pleasure of meeting Kevin Smith a few times, and I just might have a spare autograph of his I can send your way (I just need to do some digging to find it). Though it might be a bit big to turn into a card as it's on a movie poster.
As for the sports comics, I remember them very well as I collected both comics and cards as a kid. In fact I collected them both up into college before stopping my comic collection and focusing solely on cards. A few years ago I got the itch to fill in voids in my comic collection (even though I haven't read them in decades), and I started buying up small collections. Luckily I stopped before the took up too much space, as they can very easily do.

Thanks! If there is one thing I know, is that Comics are def. NOT cards ... I had 40,000 comics at one time and my garage was functionally useless. When you think 40,000 cards, you think ... no biggie ... just a small pile of boxes in the corner (at least I do!) Comics otoh, phew!

(03-22-2016, 12:39 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: The Comic Book Men show card is great, Tanner!
I like the show. It reminds me of my youth working in a comic book store. Personally, my comic book collecting never interfered with my love of watching and playing baseball and collecting cards.
The only thing I can't stand about the Comic Book Men show is the obligatory 'haggle' scene in every freaking show.
"What are you looking to get!"
"$100"
"Would you take $50?"
"I couldn't take less than $75!"
"Would you take $60??"
"How about $65?"
"Ok"
Every freaking episode. Drives me up a wall!

As far as Revolutionary Comics ... They were part of the B&W comic glut of the 80's ... The artwork was never very professional, the biographies were never authorized, and their sales weren't very good. Usually ended up in the quarter bin. They were riding the wave of the more successful independent B&W comics like Cerebus and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles while trying to jump on the success Marvel had with the highly touted and very collectible Kiss Comics from the 70's. Rock Comics (their main focus) weren't very good and their sports line counterparts were just as lackluster. Hopefully you didn't pay dearly for the original art pages, since Greg Fox was never, nor is considered "renowned" in the comic book industry.
At least for your collection, certainly a great Canseco purchase, and lucky that you were able to find the complete pages from the book. As for the seller, even luckier for him that you are a Cansecophile and bought these pages.

I agree with you on the haggle scenes. I'm looking to get $40. Will you take $35? How about $37.50 ... (hem...haw) ... make is $38.25 and you have a deal.

Surely this isn't Stan Lee stuff, but I'd say the Canseco artwork is a lot better than some of the others I have seen in the line. Plus, since it is his only comic, I was all in. I'm still giddy about it Smile I'd love to know the print run, but am not sure if that was ever released.
(03-22-2016, 01:21 AM)magneto2 Wrote: Very cool tan man!! I am one of those who collects comics, baseball cards and comic cards. I have about 20 long boxes full of comics. My favorite are the X-men, Spiderman and Daredevil also a character named Bone. I still go to the comic shop with my wife son and daughter. I have quite a few comics that are or were worth a little money. The designs you come up with are really cool. Also love that Comic Book Men show and the booklet you made that was a great card!

Thanks!
(03-22-2016, 06:19 AM)crossada Wrote: You could go on the show and try and sell that card. You could haggle with them and probably win lol.

Nice work as always

If I was ever in their area, I totally would bring it in. Great idea!
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME! Smile
www.TanManBaseballFan.com
Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know!
Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict

Messages In This Thread
Making a Comic Book Come to Life - by mouschi3 - 03-21-2016, 06:32 PM
RE: Making a Comic Book Come to Life - by djohn - 03-21-2016, 10:38 PM
RE: Making a Comic Book Come to Life - by mouschi3 - 03-22-2016, 08:53 AM