`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For people who build sets...

RE: For people who build sets...
(01-21-2016, 05:19 PM)jplarson Wrote: eBay is an option for me depending on the card. First choice for me is seeing if there is a trading partner out there, then I'll hit up COMC or sportlots, then eBay, and a last resort Beckett marketplace. For scarcer cards eBay tends to float higher to the top and for more easy to find the cards it sinks low.

I have nothing against the Beckett marketplace and I've made purchases from there before. The cost is typically too high to what I'm willing to pay/can find.

Agree with this almost 100%. Where I defer is that I don't trade. The reason for this is I only buy for my PC and I seldom bust packs, so I have very little to trade.

My only issue with COMC is it is very limited for who/what sets I collect, and I have pretty much exhausted my options here. And some of the folks are getting kind of pricey on there, too. A while back I found the last card needed to complete a set I was working on but he wanted way to much, and wouldn't budge on the price. I waited for over a year for it to pop up on ebay at a price I was willing to pay. That card is still on COMC, by the way.

Since I am primarily building older sets ebay is my first choice. And it doesn't feel boring because many of the items I am missing are tough to find, so when they pop up it's kind of like getting a hit in a pack. And besides...busting packs is a giant waste of money--huge cost up front with very little return...monetarily or for my PC.

I have also had pretty good luck with Sportlots, but like COMC, I quickly exhausted that option.

And Beckett Marketplace = expensive. I only use it in a moment of desperation or if a good deal pops up.
"A collection isn't a collection unless you have some of everything." ~kollectornet

Messages In This Thread
For people who build sets... - by JoeAdam - 01-21-2016, 03:14 PM
RE: For people who build sets... - by jonathani - 01-21-2016, 03:27 PM
RE: For people who build sets... - by jplarson - 01-21-2016, 05:19 PM
RE: For people who build sets... - by jephthah1 - 01-21-2016, 10:45 PM
RE: For people who build sets... - by dmasci - 03-03-2016, 04:17 PM