`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this Patrick Kane's real rookie card?
Wink 
Is this Patrick Kane's real rookie card?
So I'm in the process of getting rid of my huge lot of 90s base cards I don't need. I put them in team bags and we give them out at Halloween. The kids really love it and I free up some space. I throw in some newer cards so at least they'll get some players they know. Anyhow I was going through the cards and came across this card:

[Image: 9495pinnacle_turgeon_zps0e5c5f25.png]
1994-95 Pinnacle #288 Sylvain Turgeon.

Looks like your ordinary 90s common but it books for $20. I did a double take. I thought it must be a mistake so I double checked and it's correct. Why? See that kid in the stands?

That's Patrick Kane.

Apologies if this was common knowledge but I thought that was pretty awesome so I decided to share it. It's like putting on an old jacket and finding a $20 bill in the pocket.

I've never seen anything like it: a ridiculously common card wildly appreciating in value due to who else is in the picture. I vaguely remember reading an article in Beckett where a reader thought a Caps Young Gun from 05/06 Upper Deck should be worth more because Ovechkin was in the picture and Beckett essentially said no. Apparently they make an exception for young future stars.

I dunno but I'm holding on to this one. :p
[Image: 0809bdall_sm.jpg]
Looking for: Patrick Roy, 80s OPC, 72/73 OPC
Photobucket
GO HABS!

Messages In This Thread
Is this Patrick Kane's real rookie card? - by opcfan - 10-24-2013, 01:03 PM