`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Collectors vs Re-sellers on eBay

RE: Collectors vs Re-sellers on eBay
My advice, and this is just my advice, if they are offering you an unreasonable lowball amount, in your estimation, for a card I would just politely decline and would not feel one iota of guilt. For some reason certain people do not feel that way. You have to ask yourself though, do you believe you can sell this card for a higher amount? If not perhaps these are cards you would rather keep.

Maybe it is because I deem myself a capitalist by nature, but I do not get upset when someone is charging a rather outrageous price for a card that I want. If the price is too high in my estimation I simply will not pay. If I get outbid for something, and I later see that card listed online for sale a month later, the purchaser just screwed him/herself because I am not going to play that game if the opening bid price is higher.

This happened to me before. One guy listed a 1/1, which he previously outbid me for, on four different occasions and in each instance he continually lowered the starting bid price on subsequent listings. I kept holding out until the time was right. As a result I ended up paying a lower price than what he won it for originally since I apparently was the only one interested.

In another case someone listed another 1/1 card of a nobody, but a nobody I collect, for a steep $130. I made him an offer which I deemed realistic and reasonable - he countered with another offer which was still unrealistic - I then made him a second offer which was nowhere his counter - he did not even bother to respond. I noticed that he has since listed it twice for the same price and nobody else has expressed interest.

I did not get angry at either seller, but in each case both screwed themselves.
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

Messages In This Thread
Collectors vs Re-sellers on eBay - by apalmieri99 - 08-21-2013, 10:55 PM
RE: Collectors vs Re-sellers on eBay - by nittany13 - 08-21-2013, 11:42 PM
RE: Collectors vs Re-sellers on eBay - by s1020 - 08-22-2013, 08:10 AM
RE: Collectors vs Re-sellers on eBay - by nol84kc - 08-22-2013, 10:27 AM
RE: Collectors vs Re-sellers on eBay - by s1020 - 08-22-2013, 12:29 PM