`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun trip to the not-so-"L"CS w/ scan

Fun trip to the not-so-"L"CS w/ scan
So there really isn't a true card shop in all of Greensboro, NC (population: 370,000). However, quavis often raves about a shop near Charlotte, so I decided to make the trek about 100 minutes in each direction, so you gotta plan your day around it!

I am DEFINITELY glad I went. The place is called AAA Collectibles in Matthews, NC, on the east side of Charlotte. And yes, they got a call while I was in there wondering if they had towing service haha. The owner was apparently out that day, but the guy filling in was great to deal with. I was there almost two full hours. He brought several boxes out of the back of some nice 90's stuff to dig through, followed by 4 boxes just with more common 90's stuff of players whose last names start with R! Needless to say I was digging for Richmonds and found 9 PC needs which was awesome.

I also pulled a couple MJs from the boxes in the back as well as several nice inserts that I liked the look of and/or figured people on here could use them so I rescued them from the ignominy of the card shop store room!

[Image: LCSpickups001_zps1ee37a10.jpg]

The Pippen and Magic are both refractors and the Kobe is the silver (uncommon) version. I love that Lift Off Kobe as well. I had it once before, traded it and regretted it because it's a great-looking card! That one will be tough to get off of me again. The Stackhouse (cough TBARN cough) is the rave /399. That box of old 90s stuff had all sorts of sweet classic parallels: couple more raves, at least a half-dozen of the original Skybox rubies, etc. Didn't see any other players that anybody on here PCs though.

I traded a couple GU cards, some low-end Bryce Harper RCs, an Andrew Luck RC and a few other NC-related cards for all of those. It was great to get some stuff out of my collection I had no use for and pick up some awesome stuff. He also had just gotten back an 86-87 MJ RC that graded out at PSA 7 and the RC-year sticker that graded out at an 8. I seriously considered trading my 08-09 Skybox Durant ruby /50 plus a little cash for the sticker, but decided against it.

All in all a great trip. Wish there were more CS's like this!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

Messages In This Thread
Fun trip to the not-so-"L"CS w/ scan - by buckunteer - 05-17-2013, 05:39 PM