`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How many graders look at each card?

RE: How many graders look at each card?
(03-06-2013, 03:27 AM)charnick Wrote: Well, maybe you'r right in regards to time, as Beckett pretty much hits their deadlines every time, while every sub I've ever had with PSA has been delayed, but the more I think about this, the more I think Beckett loses a little bit of luster with me if just one person is the lone arbiter of the grade. You have to have some oversight here. I mean, if a grader's girlfriend breaks up with him the night before, or he stubs his toe on the way to the fridge for a midnight snack, every card he looks at the next day becomes suspect. Maybe he just wants to get out of work for the day, maybe they have quotas like motorcycle cops with tickets, but without a second person to verify those grades, the whole process loses its entire credibility. At least with PSA, at least two people look at each card to verify each other's work, and if one rogue graders has an outlier, they are at least held accountable. I actually can't believe more people aren't interested in knowing the actual process the cards go through once they get to BGS. I hold no one company's water, but at least PSA spells out this process on their web site. As far as BGS goes, all I see on BO Forums are total guesses and complete speculation. But as long as those crazy prospectors get their 9.5's they don't seem to care!

Hey, you gotta go with what best suits your needs. I've used both PSA and BGS in the past and can't say I had any issues with anything from either company. All grading companies are going to have errors made, regardless if there is one person grading or 5, and simple internet searches will turn them up

What I do know is that when people show something wrong with a BGS card, at least on these forums, one of the mods here has some sort of "in" with BGS and they will try to do something to fix the problem. At least, I've seen that a few times anyway, don't know how often it happens. Also, IF BGS uses just one grader per card, they apparently aren't doing too bad of a job with it. I've busted cards out of BGS and PSA slabs to cross over to another company before and the solid majority cross over equally, with the occasional dip in .5-1 point.

Messages In This Thread
How many graders look at each card? - by charnick - 03-04-2013, 08:32 PM
RE: How many graders look at each card? - by ricelynnevans75 - 03-06-2013, 10:15 AM