`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
PLEASE read- A rant: Sucking the fun out of the hobby $500 at a time...

RE: PLEASE read- A rant: Sucking the fun out of the hobby $500 at a time...
I too re-entered the hobby about a year ago after a looooonnngggg hiatus to find everything so different and expensive. At first I was a little overwhelmed and confused with all the parallels, #'d, different versions etc... After trying various products, ways to acquire, ebay scanning etc...I found my new niche that I am comfortable with. As jacoby says there is no wrong way, just your way. To find the excitement or intrigue that you speak of in the past, that is what I missed also. I have found ways to bring back the fun of random pack pulling like the good old days. Myself I like to buy large lots or 5000 count boxes or the like of random cards (I was away for so long that mid 90s is where my "childhood" collecting stopped) and search through and find the ones I need. All the doubles I go through with my kid, and then bring to the school I work at and let the students go through them. It is not expensive (sometimes as low as $5 with the right searching or even free from some), a great deal of volume, and the mystery factor of the old buy a pack at the corner store and what will I get is still there. Other ways to find the "random fun" are reputable dutch style auctions on the bay. Not to sound like a commercial for someone else but if you contact jacobystealshome I'm sure he can put you in contact with one of these dealers Smile
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: PLEASE read- A rant: Sucking the fun out of the hobby $500 at a time... - by rmpaq5 - 11-15-2012, 08:37 AM