`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Any store owners here/wholesale experience here?

RE: Any store owners here/wholesale experience here?
(09-30-2012, 10:14 PM)ndevoy Wrote: Hello all,

I hope this is in the right place but I will be posting in the trading forum also. I am looking into starting my own online card shop, hopefully as a precursor to a brick and mortar store. I am working on obtaining my state resale license so that I can setup accounts with distributors and obtain boxes cheap.

I was just wondering if anyone here has any experience doing this? I have no idea on the prices that wholesalers will charge for cases. Seeing as I am not wealthy, my order would not be large seeing as I want to make sure that I can actually move the product and make a profit.

Any help and experience would be greatly appreciated, perhaps i'll even throw in a discount at my online store lol

While I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Upper Deck, Panini, and Topps have all put limits on who is allowed to sell recently released product online and who isn't, you have to fill out an application, send it in to the Manufacturers, and have them approve you being able to sell their product online, and they almost usually will not approve it unless you have a brick and mortar store or warehouse, you have to buy in quantity (I believe UD is 10 cases or more at a time, not sure about the others)and proven to be a reliable seller.

The only thing you would be able to sell is older releases, and the wholesalers like Dave and Adams, Blowout, etc, will always be able to sell those at way below the prices that you would have to sell them for, to even break even.

if your really serious about doing something like this, sell singles on ebay, etc...., start your own website selling singles, lots, etc...., there is more profit and lower costs in doing that, then there is selling pack, boxes, cases, etc...., and also less hassles to go through with a resale license, EIN, Insurance, Bonding, etc.....

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any store owners here/wholesale experience here? - by shezdoni - 10-01-2012, 10:45 AM