`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Debate on who's a better player Kobe or Lebron

RE: Debate on who's a better player Kobe or Lebron
lol. I don't think it's that he's expected to win 6 in a row with this team, it's that he put that on himself. He may have been joking, but that was very pompous joking if you ask me. Before you have even played a single game or practice with your new team, you have a "coming of the King....and Bosh" celebration and then sit there and tell the crowd "...not 1....not 2.....not 3, not 4, not 5...", yeah, that's putting expectations on yourself and as soon as you show signs of not doing what you put out there, you'll get bashed for it.

Comparing supporting casts is almost pointless. It is by far a team effort, no one person can do it, but while someone might say Bill Cartwright is no Derek Fisher in terms of careers, they both highly impacted their teams when they were with them. Just like people will look at Tayshaun Prince's career and say he was a good role player, well he was a major contributor to the Pistons winning in 2004. So both Wade and Kobe have needed supporting casts to win theirs. Both had Diesel (though Wade had an older Diesel). Wade was the Finals MVP when he won it with Shaq (34.7 PPG for Wade). LeBron had Shaq as well, but again, he was older.

Here's a question for you. Say the Heat win a championship as the team they are now, whether it be this year or next year. Say Wade averages 35 PPG again and LeBron only 28 PPG in the finals. Say Wade and LeBron have similar stat lines on the other categories except for maybe rebounds and blocks. Say Wade hits three game winning shots in the Finals and overall, Wade wins Finals MVP. Will you use the same criteria for LeBron as you did for Kobe when you said Shaq won the MVP in the Finals during Kobe's first three championships? If not, why not? Kobe didn't have average stat lines when he played in those Finals, he was a major contributor.

If you want to compare two players to say who is better, imagine them playing one on one, who do you think would win. In terms of comparing LeBron to Kobe, that's not fair because of physique differences. Kobe vs. Wade is a better comparison. LeBron vs. Dirk is a good comparison (though sadly, I'd agree LeBron is more skilled).

Oh yeah, and going back to the Supporting cast issue, I love to look at the 2003-04 Lakers team. Shaquille O'Neal, Kobe Bryant, Karl Malone, Gary Payton and Derek Fisher vs. Chauncey Billups, Richard Hamilton, Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace and Tayshaun Prince. And the Lakers lost in 5 games. You're talking about a starting lineup of 5 possible HOFers (Fisher being the one least likely to get in, though I think he should) losing in 5 games to a team that MIGHT have 1 future HOFer (Wallace). That's why when everyone was sitting there thinking that the Heat were just going to rampage championships, I kind of laughed. Yes, Marlone, Payton and O'Neal were on their way out (though Shaq stayed a few years past his expiration date) and LeBron, Wade and Bosh all came in the same year (almost 10 years ago now), but that just goes to show you that you can have all of the superstar names you want, and it won't guarantee you anything. And Bosh really showed his importance in Games 6 and 7 of the last series. Yes, LeBron went off for 46, but coaching staff and players included admitted how important it was to have Bosh back. Doesn't mean Bosh is the better player, just that LeBron didn't do it by himself. Even with his 46, Boston still could have beaten Miami had Bosh not had such a big impact. At least that's my belief.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

Messages In This Thread
RE: Debate on who's a better player Kobe or Lebron - by xstreaminsanity - 06-11-2012, 11:38 AM