`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Physical Risk aside, would you confront a shill bidder?

RE: Physical Risk aside, would you confront a shill bidder?
(03-19-2012, 10:31 AM)rgf17 Wrote: just my opinion and some is hypothetical just to make clear: i really don't think it would have been worth it anyways. whether or not it got physical or just stayed verbal it isn't gonna stop the guy. what's one mans (you) opinion on what he does gonna do? not gonna make him "see the light" and say hey maybe i should stop just because you confront him in person. he knows what he's doing and has no problem with it. your confrontation is not gonna sway his career of shilling. plus other than reporting him you have no right to get physical. you'd be in jail before he would if that was to happen. it sucks to be shilled, believe me i agree completely BUT it's not gonna stop and we as buyers have to accept that. time to move on from buying from him and look elsewhere for fair auctions.

not directed at you by any means but damn people, get over the fact it happens. as long as there is ebay there will be shilling. stay away from sellers that are known or regularly accused of shilling. it only makes your collecting miserable to go back and forth on this subject. the horse has been kicked enough.
Very well said and I really appreciate you taking the time to write your post.

"we as buyers have to accept that. time to move on from buying from him and look elsewhere for fair auctions. "

I begrudgingly have to agree with you if only that emotion because he had another REALLY awesome card up for bid, but I don't want the b.s. associated with dealing with him. My friend offered to ask him to sell it to him off Ebay, but I told him emphatically, "no." As you said, I'm moving on as far as giving him my business.

You're also right in that no amount of words or mental out thinking of this guy would change his ways anyway. This isn't a Saved by the Bell after school special and the possibility that in a state where it is legal to carry concealed firearms, this guy could easily shoot my fat butt while I'm fussing him over selling practices.

Very good points, again Thank you.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

Messages In This Thread
RE: Physical Risk aside, would you confront a shill bidder? - by y2hood - 03-19-2012, 10:39 AM