`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Caution: coffee is served hot! [CONTEST OVER]

Caution: coffee is served hot! [CONTEST OVER]
To win this contest, you must be the first person to correctly answer two questions and leave a rant regarding this completed auction:

http://tinyurl.com/cautioncoffeehot

1) What did the unhappy buyer claim was deceptive about my auction?
a) Auction says "will ship to you FREE" but $4 was charged
b) BV is misleading because LCS will not pay listed amount for each card
c) suggesting this is a "high end set" is fraudulent
d) unopened packs and box pictured were not included in shipment
e) shipping is listed as "expedited" but item came via first class mail

2) How did I resolve this complaint?
a) apologize, refund, block bidder
b) request return, refund, block bidder
c) hilarious e-mail response, request return, refund, block bidder
d) request that a case be opened with paypal, block bidder
e) refund, leave positive feedback with funny comment, block bidder

3) Add a rant. Can be anything at least 10 words in length. Feel free to rip me, the buyer, eBay, Beckett, Joe Paterno, Discount Double-Check, anything.

So a valid entry would look something like this:
A, E, Good thinking, selling a set of Bowman's Best football for $4 delivered. Shipping was probably $3 and fees were like 75 cents. You're a business tycoon, pymoron!

In honor of the reject who complained about my listing, I will be giving away a box of COMC rejects. This is a Priority Mail box crammed full of approximately 1400 cards with an average BV of $1-2 that I decided I couldn't sell on COMC because of their condition or because I'd get less than 25 cents each. About 10 years ago I bought a ton of cards from a player collector who was liquidating. Mostly 80s and 90s stuff, but pretty decent, and lots of sports and sets were included. Some of the players he missed on (e.g., Juan Gonzalez) but others (e.g., Michael Jordan) turned out to be pretty decent players. Unfortunately, he jammed them in groups of 5-6 into those little 9-slot notebook savers, so a large percentage of them have corner dings or worse. I think there might be some Desert Storm cards and Garbage Pail cards too. Yee-haw! You probably won't be able to make any money from these cards, but if you're someone who likes to look through 80s & 90s cards of stars, or if you've got a kid who's just getting into the hobby it might be kind of cool to have them around. Just keep in mind they're REJECTS, in honor of the REJECT who complained about my fraudulent auction.

Have fun!

Nathan

Messages In This Thread
Caution: coffee is served hot! [CONTEST OVER] - by pyweed - 11-30-2011, 10:56 PM