`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Parents/adults with kids who have PCs....please read

RE: OT: Parents/adults with kids who have PCs....please read
No kids yet, but one day my fiancee' about gave me a coronary. We were busting a box of Topps on this day, 36 packs, and she gathered a handful of cards and started packing them on the table like they were a deck of playing cards, and organizing them in her hand like it's the 1950s and she's about to stick him in bike spokes. Sure it was "just" base, but you never know when you'll run into a condition sensitive base collector wanting to trade.

I'm not one to dispense parenting advice, but I'd say this, you're doing the right thing. If I was breaking my toys my parents would have quit buying me toys. They never really gave 2 craps about my baseball/football card collections so I didn't have anyone preaching condition sensitivity to me. Now granted my collection started in 1986-87 so its not like I damaged anything too good by keeping them in an old ice cream tub for years mixed with Garbage Pail Kids, but still it would have been nice for them to have been involved.

I think you're doing right.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

Messages In This Thread
RE: OT: Parents/adults with kids who have PCs....please read - by y2hood - 10-01-2011, 09:06 AM