`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Upper Deck the killer of the Jordan and Lebron auto value?

RE: Is Upper Deck the killer of the Jordan and Lebron auto value?
I am so sick and tired of people joining Lebron and Jordan at the hip every time "auto" is mentioned. I realize Kobe is Panini exclusive now and not part of the SPA discussion...however, as we used to argue on these boards long before the current format....Kobe autos sell for more than Lebron autos in most products that they are both in, ESPECIALLY auto/patches. People act like Lebron and Jordan are it...and nobody else comes close in value. It's like a legend at this point, yes Jordan is number one...no Lebron is NOT number two..except in RC auto pricing he is first obviously. Give me a 3 year old box of exquisite and I would rather pull a high end Kobe auto ANY DAY than a Lebron auto...Very often Lebron limited logos autos (I know because I have pulled them) will sell in the 400-500 range while Kobe will fetch as much as 800 or more in some cases. The same goes for pretty much every high end set that they both appear in...are you people blind? The first time I posted this about 2-3 years ago I supplied over 25 links to auctions where Kobe autos and auto/patches were killing Lebron autos and auto/patches. It's not about being a Kobe fan either, it's about knowing cards...Do you guys even pay attention? I would give my first born child to stop seeing Jordan or Lebron auto/Lebron or Jordan auto/Jordan LBJ auto every where I go with this younger generation of collectors. I mean seriously people, WAKE UP...Check out just these two completed auctions..Lebron prices don't come close to these in the same sets...I personally pulled the very first of the Lebron limited logos from 04-05 5 minutes after release on the east coast....I had the first exquisite cards on ebay that year too...it was at the PEAK of Lebron...It went for 900 and it was an insane card that everybody on beckett talked about for weeks...The Kobe below is from the same set.

http://cgi.ebay.com/KOBE-BRYANT-08-09-EX...19c6ae1123

http://cgi.ebay.com/KOBE-BRYANT-04-EXQUI...19c6ae1129
You guys also have to remember that Jordan and Lebron are appearing in almost no products at this point...If anything, there will be a lot LESS Jordan and Lebron autos on a yearly basis....
Player collecting Dominic Smith
[Image: a2b9799d-d00b-4864-9937-c5ed26367c17.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Upper Deck the killer of the Jordan and Lebron auto value? - by cmccart8 - 07-08-2011, 08:53 AM