`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Which grading service is better for vintage football??? PSA or BGS???

RE: Which grading service is better for vintage football??? PSA or BGS???
Experience is the best teacher. I have been a member of the PSA Collector's club for many years and have over a thousand cards graded by them. Over the past year, I have sent in several seemingly perfect vintage cards to have them returned as having a problem from PSA. I had read an article in the Chicago papers in 2008 that PSA was caught inflating card grades for big customers including the famous T-209 Wagner which PSA graders knew to be trimmed. To make up for the high grades, they would suppress grades from small customers so the pop report didn't look out of balance. So, several months ago I bought a 1975 unopened cello pack graded 9 by GAI with Brett rookie on top. I opened it and sent the card to PSA. It came back with the reference "evidence of trimming". Not "miscut" (which it wasn't - perfect borders), but trimmed. The card was then graded a 98 (gem mint) by SGC. That's what PSA is going and has lost my business, meager as it is.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which grading service is better for vintage football??? PSA or BGS??? - by Surfnun - 02-26-2012, 06:50 PM