`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Mets Fans Want a Jerry Grote Auto?

RE: Any Mets Fans Want a Jerry Grote Auto?
I remember my little league team going to Bat Day at Shea Stadium, circa 1969. (Bats for the team at bleacher seat prices ... a bargain!) I was a catcher and decided I wanted to get a Jerry Grote Bat. So when we walked up to the gate, I asked a few of the ticket-rippers which line had Jerry Grote bats, and he brought me to a line. I was very happy, handed in my ticket, was handed a brand new Louisville Slugger ... but it was Jerry Buchek ... I turned around and was mad at the Bat distributor and said, in my very best “Brooklynese” ... “Hey, Dis ain’t no Jerry Groo-tee Bat! It’s a Jerry Boo-chick Bat!” And the guy said in his very best “Queenese” ... “Close eee-nuff ... now gedouttahere!” Or at least that’s how I remember it ... I was a dumbass because later on my buddy wanted to trade me his Tom Seaver Bat but I didn’t want some lame, Bat from a pitcher that couldn’t hit his weight. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Anyway, I still have that darned bat somewhere ... and I hit pretty decently with it that year, too!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any Mets Fans Want a Jerry Grote Auto? - by DrMitchJ - 08-30-2020, 11:33 AM