`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A quick discussion on morality in the hobby...I'm prepared for the burn!

RE: A quick discussion on morality in the hobby...I'm prepared for the burn!
jplarson Wrote:It really is annoying trying to get any wax to break.  Retail used to be an easy thing to hit up on the regular and it's nuts to see the shelves empty all the time.  I'm taking the long view on this though.  It's a bubble and it's gonna pop.  The price I see on Mahomes Donruss Rated Rookie base cards is completely out of whack with supply is but one example.  At a certain point rationality will take hold again and the bottom is going to drop out and we'll see tons of posts about how the hobby is dying again.

This time reminds me of when sports cards got huge on eBay, with auction after auction going higher and higher until buyers realized there was tons of supply and prices crashed.  Who knew a card serial numbered out of 1000 was actually a lot Smile ?

Keep heart folks, we'll be remembering these days years down the road on how weird everything was.
Lol! I agree with you. Looking at markets as a whole, the stock, housing, collecting, it's all due to burst here at some point. I think that with a lot of very bored people with the covid thing has led to a lot of sports buying. I mean, you're at home, sitting in front of your computer, pondering what to do next. You open your browser, and the ebay tab stares you back in the face...you know you should do something productive, but man, you just saw a really cool card yesterday and wonder what the set looks like, you can take a minute to look, right? Next thing you know, you've started a whole new collection and you're late for dinner lol!

Messages In This Thread
RE: A quick discussion on morality in the hobby...I'm prepared for the burn! - by savagenate - 08-07-2020, 11:04 AM