`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: What do you want most from a trading card product?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
More autographs/box
20.00%
4 20.00%
Licsensed cards (Have logos/team names)
5.00%
1 5.00%
Unique Cards (die cut, serial #'d, unique GW items, etc)
35.00%
7 35.00%
On-Card Autos
30.00%
6 30.00%
Redemptions for GW jerseys/items
0%
0 0%
Other (please specify in thread)
10.00%
2 10.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Back into the hobby, need advice

RE: Getting Back into the hobby, need advice
I voted on card autos. I don't have a personal favorite brand, but I love anything emerald! Flawless has an amazing look, in my opinion, but is way out of my price range. But if I can snag an emerald from any product for my PC guys, I will. Something about that green!

Personally, while I love ripping boxes, I almost never have money for it, and it usually ends up in a bust as far as value goes. I can't afford $200 for a Prizm box for sticker autos and redemption points. I lean towards collecting game worn and autos of my favorite players. Other sets I'm working on, all Super Bowl MVPs, and autos of my favorite players over the years.

Another thing to consider is grading. If you like getting cards graded, some brands are really tough to get good grades on. Panini Black and Diamond come to mind.

Hope this helps, and welcome back!
(05-17-2019, 10:51 AM)leadmetogreatness Wrote: I voted other id like to see more value out of the box, i.e. no redemptions unless it's an extra hit or special item, less generic gu pieces, more hard/rare inserted inserts with cool designs/technology.

Can you tell me more about the 2006 Declaration of Independence cards and sets you are working on?! Sounds like an awesome set I'd love to get in on!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Getting Back into the hobby, need advice - by savagenate - 05-17-2019, 11:11 AM