`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 71 Vote(s) - 3.59 Average
Mark Brunell Collection - Last Week - FOUR #1/1s, 2 RARE In Person Autos, Promo Pack

RE: Mark Brunell Collection - Last Week - FOUR #1/1s, 2 RARE In Person Autos, Promo Pack
Today's NEW addition:

#1/1

2006 Topps Turkey Red Suede Parallel #1/1

Long story - Around 2004, I noticed a new Brunell collector on ebay. I considered that person, along with any other Brunell collector, a friendly rival.

On 12/29/2206, I begrudgingly lost this #1/1 card to them.

I contacted them several times over the years only to find out that I took all the fun out of collecting for her and that she (PJ) thought of me as her archenemy. So no deal/trades were every discussed.

Fast forward, early May 2017, someone contacts me and ask if I want to buy their Mark Brunell collection. It turns out to be PJ! She tells me if I want it - it's mine - she just wants someone that could appreciate her collection. She explains she recently found out from Kaiser that she had Stage 4 cancer and nothing could be done while giving her very little time to live. I was floored and didn't know what to say.

As strange as it may sound, we both live in Northern California (about 50 miles apart) and collected Mark Brunell - go figure. It took a while to get timing down, but we were able to meet last week (she was really nice and upbeat) and made the deal. We reminiscent about our past and laughed. Her collection was pristinely taken care of. Everything was in APPROPRIATE screwdown holders or sleeved in binders. The highlights were 300 game used cards, 25 autos, many #/25 or lower cards and several oddballs I didn't have. She even threw in her AOJ Masters collection (sketch cards).

It's an awesome collection, I just wish it wasn't under these circumstances. To PJ - thank you sooooo much. In the future, I will share more pieces of PJ's collection with you all.

Thanks for looking and never stop jadeROCKing!

[Image: IMG_0407_zpsekkaiqpl.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0411_zps8uqzblaf.jpg]
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mark Brunell Collection - Last Week - FOUR #1/1s, 2 RARE In Person Autos, Promo Pack - by jaderock - 05-29-2017, 10:53 PM
Mark Brunell Collection - Last Week - FOUR #1/1s, 2 RARE In Person Autos, Promo Pack - by #1 Peyton Manning Collector - 07-24-2007, 09:46 PM
Mark Brunell Collection - Last Week - FOUR #1/1s, 2 RARE In Person Autos, Promo Pack - by Dhenderson19(Auto Mem Collector) - 02-24-2008, 03:46 AM
Mark Brunell Collection - Last Week - FOUR #1/1s, 2 RARE In Person Autos, Promo Pack - by Lennox.p ( No.1 Keyshawn Johnson Fan ) - 02-24-2008, 04:07 PM