`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Selling commons and lower valued inserts?

RE: Selling commons and lower valued inserts?
(10-20-2016, 06:24 AM)woogie23 Wrote: Thanks all. This is the exact feedback I was looking for! I was thinking of the donation route, just never donated enough before to really be worth filling out a tax form before. I probably have close to six 5 thousand count boxes of baseball and football combined of the cards worth around 25 cents to $1 bv and then maybe two 3 thousand count boxes of 2 - 5 dollar bv cards. Donation might be the way to go. Not sure how I would get them to you though Rich? I'm in Omaha, NE area.

That's the biggest problem with cards from that era -- shipping is more than the frigging cards are worth. You can ship over time -- to reduce the one time outlay -- BUT the best part is that for tax purposes you can use (up to a certain dollar figure -- please check with your accountant or tax preparer) -- the full BV of the cards since it is a donation. Even if you use 5-10 cents each across the board that can give you a lot towards your potential refund.

If the PO still does -- if it fits, it ships boxes with the set prices you can neatly put a LOT of cards into those boxes and the price is the same no matter how many are in that box

I will PM you my address and we'll see what your best course is

Thanks!
Rich
Plano, Tx. Card Show #7, Sunday March 5, 2017 from 9 AM to 4 PM at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Selling commons and lower valued inserts? - by richk - 10-20-2016, 08:06 AM