`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I the a-hole here? Ebay related.

RE: Am I the a-hole here? Ebay related.
(08-13-2015, 11:29 AM)djohn Wrote: Let's say you walk into a card shop and they have that Trout card in their display with a price tag of $1500. You say you're interested and ask them what's their bottom line price. They reply by asking you to make an offer.
Are either of you being a**holes at this point. NO. However that can certainly change depending on what is said next.
This is essentially the same thing that happened online. Now the seller was very short in his reply, and since you can't hear his voice or see him it's hard to figure out his exact tone. It definitely appears to be on the terse side. However I can certainly understand if he has some frustration in that he has listed a price with a Best Offer option (insinuating that he is open to offers). He may have already had a bunch of other people messaging him about the card, and he may just be tired of replying to what has amounted to tire-kickers (i.e. people who inquire with no intent on making an offer).

Do you know how many times that card shop scenario has happened? No one gets bent out of shape or insulted. You start to negotiate. There's a deal to be had. I've never seen anyone sit across the counter from anyone and say don't ask questions. I'm getting side tracked though. The original question was in reference to whether I was out of line. I really don't care whether he was being a dick or not. As far as him possibly being frustrated because of prior inquiries, I still don't care. That's a lame crutch to use. Your listing cards well above what the market will bare on the world's largest flea market. People are bound to ask questions. If you don't have the mentality to do a little customer service, maybe you shouldn't be doing it. That site is rampant with low ball offers and really low final sale prices. I asked him what he wanted.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Am I the a-hole here? Ebay related. - by Hofcollector - 08-13-2015, 12:16 PM