`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
2001 Titanium Double Sided Jerseys Patches, #50 Kerry Collins/Elvis Grbac

The OPG currently states that 120 cards exist in the 2001 Titanium Double Sided Jerseys set, yet only 105 cards are listed in the parallel Patch set. I guess there is a belief among the Beckett staff that parallels do not exist for a fraction of the cards within this set. That may be true, however I can confirm that 1 of the 15 does exist:

[Image: 006_zpsu87uqnt5.jpg]

As noted in the header, Elvis Grbac is shown on the back.

As can easily be seen, the card on the left contains a patch which in itself alone would not immediately deem it a legitimate parallel. However, the patch card has a much thicker stock in comparison to the other which in turn makes it a true variation.

Is it possible that patch parallels exist for some or all of the other 14?

On an unrelated note, I have owned both of the above shown cards since 2001 but I never realized there was a stock thickness variation until recently when I took the patch one out of the one touch holder it was originally shipped in and compared it to the other.
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - by nittany13 - 07-03-2015, 11:39 PM