`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for player collectors

RE: Question for player collectors
I went through the same exact thing with my Cespedes super collecting effort. There were cards I absolutely hated, but felt the need to buy because I was trying to "super-collect" him.

Even though I'm selling them off now, I had a lot of fun going after Yelich the way I did for the past year. Focusing on picking up low #'d RC's and pre-2013 autos. There was never that "compulsion" to get every card, or a single card that I looked at and thought "Why the hell did I buy this?" (See the Triple Play puzzle I bought for Cespedes). Also, it was cool to reach and set certain milestones, liking hitting the 10th of the same card etc...

Another idea I've wanted to do that I will probably start when I get back to the hobby is have a player PC of a player and put a limit on the # of cards that can be in the PC... Say, 50 cards, a number you can't exceed. If I want to add to the PC, I need to find a card to sacrifice and sell or trade from the PC. If I can't find the card to give up in the stack of 50, then I must not REALLY want the new card. I think this would help keep the cards fresh, and ones you enjoy, and never have any compulsive need to hunt down or overpay for a card. Either it makes the top 50 or it doesn't. Also, it will largely help pay for itself with the selling of the card, unless you are making a huge value upgrade with the replacement card.

Another cool part of this would be that the collection can start with as little as $7 or $8 for a player lot.

Hell, I am going to do this with my Yelich and Bregman collection!!!! I'm going to set aside my favorite my favorite (not most expensive) 25 cards of each and stash them.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

Messages In This Thread
Question for player collectors - by ryanmo5 - 03-25-2015, 07:43 PM
RE: Question for player collectors - by ryanmo5 - 03-25-2015, 08:46 PM
RE: Question for player collectors - by petillo64 - 03-25-2015, 09:03 PM
RE: Question for player collectors - by djohn - 03-26-2015, 08:07 AM
RE: Question for player collectors - by zeprock - 03-26-2015, 09:56 AM
RE: Question for player collectors - by ryanmo5 - 03-26-2015, 08:42 PM