`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.92 Average
Complete Beginner's Guide To Graded Cards

RE: Complete Beginner's Guide To Graded Cards
(03-25-2013, 04:04 PM)jfrench91 Wrote: wow thanks! this helps me alot as im just starting to do this
Exactly what I am anxiously awaiting to do. I have the 1/1 Panini Elite Tom Brady STARSTRUCK card #7. I have got back into collecting football card and as soon as I looked at the card it had to be mine. I instantly new the price I paid for it was to good to be true for there is only one and it is mine. It's a beautiful card with a close up of TB in drop back mode with the American flag proudly flying in the back. It has a black banner across is saying Starstruck. To top it of it clearly has a silver imprint inscribed 1of1 placed perfectly in the center, which n my eye..I will be sending it in to BGS within a week or so.
What I have really came to realize is that if you own a true 1/1 card their is no price ceiling to the card so basically it's up to the individual or prospective buyer and how much they really need to have that card and how much they are willing to pay. All in all if TB HIMSELF (Super Bowl tickets and a meet and greet would be ideal for I am a true TB fan...or say Donald Trump..ha.. they may be willing to pay thousands as compared to the lower budget collector only be willing to offer a few hundred. This has brought a bit of excitement into my life and even if offered several thousand dollars I would probably have to pass. In hindsight when the timing is right as well as the price giving the Grade is NM-MT..I'm hoping for 9 and I see that I need not to get my hopes up because I see that only 1% of cards that are graded return as Mint. If the card does come back less than a 9 still the value of the card has no ceiling. I have not run any test and I am not the person that pulled the card from the pack. I appreciate your great advice and will probably clean it lightly with the correct cloth and throw on a pair of thin rubber gloves to examine. It is currently in a protective screw down case (Beckett does not accept these). They prefer a penny sleeve then into a snug top load case which makes complete sense to me. The card looks clean and possibly with Panini releasing a 1/1 im sure that they would not have released it if it was not meet the their mint standard.
It Am hoping that the edges are sharp and the card it clean as clean can get. Regardless the grade I do know that I will be holding onto the card..like I said the timing and the price offered are my two main factors. My daughter is just 4 and say their comes the day when I need the extra unexpected funds to get her where she needs to pay her college..l am thinking that she will want to go to a state university but suddenly she gets accepted to Harvard. That would lower my ceiling to a level of that will help me accomplish my goal..I will let it go..
I may be setting my expectations to high but you just never know.
I recently saw TB SPX ROOKIE card on eBay. There are 1350 of these cards made but the seller happens to have card #12 (TBs jersey number) it is currently listed at $75k. Indeed the seller has probably the best 1 of 1 card which happens to be the rookie card of the best QB in the game well the seller has the card listed at $75k. The card I own is as true as a 1 of 1 can get.
Someone wake me up..set me straight are my expectation to high? I was no where thinking I could possiy get close to 75k much less $10k but it did put a smile on my face. Please let me know what you think, I would like some insight from the collectors out there. YOUR feedback is greatly appreciated.

I tried to upload a pics but the file is to large. I will take a pic this evening so you can see what I'm working with. Thanks all!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Complete Beginner's Guide To Graded Cards - by PMasterX - 03-10-2015, 09:18 AM