`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
Can anyone help me with this set, I've been meaning to upload this post for months, finally got around to doing it.

2012 Panini Signatures.

It is an insert set in 2012 Panini Gridiron, possibly(probably??) other Panini products. It looks like Panini did an autograph dump, Gridiron has autos to be pulled (they are non rookie players who were past their prime or not going to break out as stars in almost all cases (Colin Kaepernick is the exception, at that time a 2nd year pro who had not exploded onto the NFL when the cards were probably collated and released),

The set is numbered from 1 to 100, Beckett lists 52 different players, there are cards in the 90's and a card #100 so a lot of gaps in the checklist.

I have shown below the Jets players I know of, with the back scanned also,
01 Aaron Maybin
09 Bilal Powell
43 Joe McKnight
71 Nick Folk
74 Patrick Turner
12 Braylon Edwards
[Image: 2012JetsPaniniSignature.jpg]
[Image: 2012JetsPaniniSignatureback.jpg]

I claim Braylon Edwards as a Jet, he played for the Seahawks and Jets in 2012, he was last a Cleveland Brown in 2009 so a curious Panini decision. His base 2012 Panini Gridiron has him in a Seahawks uni from the preseason so why not give him a Seahawks auto?

The reason I wrote this post, 74 Patrick Turner.
He is not in the official checklist, so does anyone know of other cards that Panini released that are not officially listed, any of them Jets??

The other reason I posted, I like this insert set as a Jets collector because of the following,
01 Aaron Maybin, his one and only Jets card and it's an auto, probably from his 2009 rookie auto stock (yes, I'm a cynic, the sticker has 58, his Buffalo Bills number), his first pro card since 2009. He wore 51 for the Jets.

71 Nick Folk, his only Jets auto so far, (from his 2007 rookie auto stock??)

74 Patrick Turner, his one and only Jets card and it's an auto, probably from his 2009 rookie auto stock, his first pro card since 2009 (didn't I just write something like that above??)

These three autos above make it cool for a Jets collector

43 Joe McKnight and 09 Bilal Powell feel like an auto dump, McKnight with a 3rd year player, Powell with a 2nd year player that only a Jets fan or a builder of this set would want these autos.

Can anyone help with more information on this set??

Beckett, please add 74 Patrick Turner to your checklist.

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets

Messages In This Thread
RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - by ginge01 - 06-01-2014, 04:54 PM