`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WARNING about Sportsbuy/NAXCOM - bounced check/disconnected phone

RE: WARNING about Sportsbuy/NAXCOM - bounced check/disconnected phone
(04-17-2014, 08:21 AM)phillies816 Wrote: I bought from that site 2 times. One time was a perfect transaction the other was miserable. I was buying Phillies autos a few years ago and bought a Robin Roberts Autographed card and he died the next day so the seller never sent. I am assuming that he thought he could get much more for it after he died but that is a guess since the seller nor Sportsbuy/Naxcom responded to any of my emails. I got my money back from Paypal but never went back to that site
Yea, stuff like that happened on occasion there since the inventory was controlled by each seller individually, and they could just say that they couldn't find a particular card. It usually happened when a player started got really hot all of a sudden and their cards got a big spike on eBay, it also happened when a player died. Naxcom/SportsBuy did try to keep it from happening by still charging the transaction fees to the seller, but it didn't deter some people.
Personally I liked the site for a while, but mostly stopped using it when their fees started getting outrageous (you could sell a card for $1 and still lose money by the time you shipped it) and the shipping costs got absurd (they were charging over $3 for a single card, but giving less than 1/2 of that to the seller).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Messages In This Thread
RE: WARNING about Sportsbuy/NAXCOM - bounced check/disconnected phone - by djohn - 04-17-2014, 03:28 PM