`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trading Styles - Which are you?

RE: Trading Styles - Which are you?
I'm mostly a BV to BV trader, I generally don't much care about trading up or down as long as the trade's not too much in one person's favor. I will generally try to trade like for like BV cards, but that's mainly because I know that lots of other people pay attention to this. I will admit that on occasion, if there's a really good card I'm willing to trade, sometimes I try to get a similar card for it, especially if I'm building a set of them.

And since I generally do BV to BV, I'll question a trader who proposes a trade that's really lopsided in my favor - once. I figure that many folks don't have the OPG and can't really tell, so if that's the case, I'm honest with them, I don't want to take advantage any more than I would want them to take advantage of me. But if they're aware and that's what they want to do, I'm OK with it.

On wants, I have a lot I'm working on, so I have a lot of wants. There are also a lot of cards that aren't necessarily on my want list, but that I don't have, and if somebody who wants to trade has nothing on my want list, I'll generally try to work a deal for cards I don't have (which sometimes starts me working on an other set of something). And an observation/gripe, I use both the Trade For column and the Wants column, putting the same number in both, which is a pain - if you only use Trade For, then I can't see any wants when I look at your Org, and if you only use Wants, none of your cards show as wanted in the trade page. Seems silly to me that they split this up this way.

The one thing that I generally try to stay away from are tiny trades - somebody wants to trade for one card with BV of .25 or so - when that happens, I'll try to convince the other trader to go bigger and can usually get a deal done. Want to make it worth the postage, which I know some people don't agree with, if you really need a card, you really need it....
Building sets, and collecting Alex Ovechkin, Calle Johansson,
Craig Laughlin and Braden Holtby

Messages In This Thread
Trading Styles - Which are you? - by snobles - 02-15-2014, 09:23 AM
RE: Trading Styles - Which are you? - by mswatson - 02-15-2014, 02:58 PM
RE: Trading Styles - Which are you? - by rayeates - 02-16-2014, 09:45 PM
RE: Trading Styles - Which are you? - by rczubaty - 02-17-2014, 02:12 PM