`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Who's the most disappointing player you ever collected?

RE: Who's the most disappointing player you ever collected?
(12-18-2013, 08:39 PM)uvaspina Wrote: To provide some counterbalance to the cheerful holiday season, thought I'd dig into our biggest collecting regrets.

For my part, my biggest whiff has been on Cameron Maybin (200+ cards). I still hold out a shred of hope that he can turn it around...

So, let's hear it. Anyone spend a ridiculous amount on a guy no one remembers any more? Are there any erstwhile Damion Easley supercollectors out there? Anyone think that Matt Bush was the second coming? Did you trade your Pujols rookie for an Angel Berroa auto back in the day?

In 1988 I bought 100 2nd year cards of Bobby Bonillia, his R/C was highly desired & I had read a story how 2nd year star cards increase much better percentage wise than a R/C already up there in price. Of course at that time I was under the assumption BV is also sell price.
Oh well.. lol In addition I also bought 100 card lots of Clemens, Strawberry, Gooden & Boggs.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who's the most disappointing player you ever collected? - by krn001 - 12-20-2013, 12:39 AM