`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Who's the most disappointing player you ever collected?

RE: Who's the most disappointing player you ever collected?
(12-19-2013, 08:21 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: The problem is, Jose Fernandez had WAY more of an impact on the Marlins, leading them from last place in June all the way to first place and into the playoffs.

In fact, they were 42-8 in his first 50 games.

That's why they gave him rookie of the year.

Puig had good stats, but the Dodgers could have finished last without or without him.

Oh wait, forgot ... other way around.

(But not according to most of the other members around here, LOL)

I get it that Puig rubbed some the wrong way (see: sliding into home on a HR; overthrowing the cut-off), but I thought he was a must-see player. I would make a point to watch the Dodgers whenever they were on the national broadcast. I will say though, I thought Fernandez was a deserving ROY recipient. (I think Puig was right there too and probably would've given him the nod if it was up to me). There is something special about a rookie pitcher who has the ability to dominate. I also thought it was pretty cool that he hit a home run in his final start of the season (although I didn't care for the shenanigans afterward).
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who's the most disappointing player you ever collected? - by uvaspina - 12-19-2013, 08:33 PM