`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
MY NEWEST PEYTON MANNING IN COLLEGE UNIFORM FINDS!

RE: MY NEWEST PEYTON MANNING IN COLLEGE UNIFORM FINDS!
hey everyone. i'm back with 3 HUGE additions to my manning collection. the first 2 cards were from a set that never got released in 1998. they were all supposedly "released" when pinnacle closed the doors half way through 1998 and someone bought the "stock" and resold them. the third one (the score) was "released" the same way when score closed. the first one is a 1998 PINNACLE INSCRIPTIONS AUTOGRAPHS (NOT NUMBERED). i know there's actually another one of the these pinnacle inscriptions actually hand numbered 1/1 that's graded a beckett 9.5. the one i bought isn't numbered on the back. (probably a replacement in case someone returned the original 1/1). beckett calls this version #10 and the one hand numbered 1/1 #9. so there's essentially a pinnacle inscriptions hand numbered 1/1 and a pinnacle inscriptions (not numbered) (1/1). beckett lists 2 cards (#9 and #10) but really it's just the hand numbered 1/1 and the "non numbered". kinda weird they'd do that but you know how beckett is. the next one is a 1998 PINNACLE INSCRIPTIONS PEN PALS (WITH RYAN LEAF) (NO AUTO) (NOT NUMBERED). and the third one is a 1998 SCORE ROOKIE AUTOGRAPHS (1 OF 500) (NO AUTO). i think all 3 of them are essentially 1/1's. i don't think there is any other ones like them out there. if you look on the graded card lookup, there's only one of each graded. all 3 were "resubmitted" and "reslabbed". i was convinced that these 3 cards didn't actually exist. i think beckett graded them and then added them to the price guide. i bet they didnt know about them until they graded them. i've been collecting peyton manning college cards since his rookie year and i have never seen another one like them. i am pretty poor now cause they cost me a TON of money but i am super happy to have them in my collection. well as always, thanks so much for looking and if anyone knows were there's a 1998 skybox thunder super rave of peyton, please let me know. i still need that one.

[Image: 1998PINNACLEINSCRIPTIONSAUTOGRAPHSNOTNUM...cc1882.jpg]

[Image: 1998PINNACLEINSCRIPTIONSAUTOGRAPHSNOTNUM...6e0be7.jpg]

[Image: 1998PINNACLEINSCRIPTIONSPENPALSWITHRYANL...52e577.jpg]

[Image: 1998PINNACLEINSCRIPTIONSPENPALSWITHRYANL...74218f.jpg]

[Image: 1998SCOREROOKIEAUTOGRAPHS1OF500NOAUTO_zps5ee62cf3.jpg]

[Image: 1998SCOREROOKIEAUTOGRAPHS1OF500NOAUTOBAC...2fdfe0.jpg]

here is the "regular" versions of 2 of the cards i just bought. the pinnacle inscriptions hand numbered 1/1 i do not own, but the pen pals auto is mine. just thought you guys would like to see the other examples.

[Image: 1998PINNACLEINSCRIPTIONSAUTOGRAPHS1_zps4b1b7b96.jpg]

[Image: 1998PINNACLEINSCRIPTIONSAUTOGRAPHS1BACK_zps9d7247d8.jpg]

[Image: 1998PINNACLEINSCRIPTIONSPENPALS50WITHRYA...8c7dbc.jpg]

[Image: 1998PINNACLEINSCRIPTIONSPENPALS50WITHRYA...695240.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: MY NEWEST PEYTON MANNING IN COLLEGE UNIFORM FINDS! - by volsguy16 - 12-14-2013, 04:34 PM