`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to buy: a case, a bunch of various boxes, or a case break?

RE: What to buy: a case, a bunch of various boxes, or a case break?
(05-29-2013, 09:48 PM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: Do you own a brick and morter? If so, are you in Massachusetts?

i used to live in brighton, but i moved down to the Q last year (twice the space for the same amount of money). dont have a store, nor do i keep a huge inventory...just a dude running the longest lasting dutch auction in ebay history :p

but i do sell locally to folks who find me
(05-30-2013, 06:20 PM)jstbuch Wrote: As much as this is a cool product, Bowman products, other than Chrome, have a history of just not holding their value.

but i also dont hold onto cards. if i bought a case, the cards would be gone within a month.

(05-30-2013, 06:20 PM)jstbuch Wrote: Since you are likely using them for your lots, I suggest Allen and Ginter or the new Topps Archives.

I stay away from ginter just because it has too mcuh non-sports stuff. and if my case hit is a bleeping butterfly, id freak. not in a good way

as far as archives: i liked 2011 lineage a LOT more than 2012 archives

(05-30-2013, 06:20 PM)jstbuch Wrote: I'm sure you've already considered this but you could always buy one of the massive GU/Auto collections on Huggins and Scott or Heritage. Not as much fun as breaking but you get cool stuff that will fill up those lots pretty fast.

never heard of that, but i buy game used lots all the time. i usually can find nice stuff cheap as long as im patient.

i kind of have a hankering to break wax

but to be truthful, im almost shying away from it now...i know buying a box i will lose at least 40% of what i pay, unless i get insanely lucky. im thinking i might just buy 1 mid level box and try to qwell this wax breaking thing i got in my brain

[/quote]

(05-29-2013, 03:39 PM)jstbuch Wrote: I would buy a case since you are guaranteed case hits at that point. You could buy a bunch of boxes and miss anything good.

thats kind of what i was thinking. but even with the case hit...id probably lose at least 30% still

Messages In This Thread
RE: What to buy: a case, a bunch of various boxes, or a case break? - by jacobystealshome - 05-30-2013, 07:55 PM